Empath





Ok people- I highly recommend you give this book a listen to as I’m sure it will resonate with you or am guessing you have people in your life who are true Empaths. 

I usually prefer to read books rather than listen to them but I really got a lot out of this book! So I am sharing it with you.  (Empath by Elliot Harper, narrated by Sam Slydell -Try Audible and get it here: https://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B07S6CHPNP&source_code=ASSORAP0511160006 )

I think I’ve always known that I am a sensitive soul and person and that I feel things more deeply than most and that I understand the world through energy, but I don’t think that I realized that I am an Empath.

And I don’t just mean I’m a little bit Empathic. I am empathic to a high degree. I pick up things people don’t even know they are giving off energetically and they can be miles away! I’m not exactly sure how such a thing can be measured, but after listening to this book I feel my conclusion or assessment is accurate. I think that I am just now starting to really get that about myself. 

When these gifts showed up when I was a little girl, I don’t think there was a name for it? I was just labeled ‘super sensitive’. 

To be honest, I thought that having empathy was the same as being empathic. I now realize that they are not the same. Luckily, I have both empathy and am empathic. Fascinating!

After listening to this book, I now realize why I am so drawn to, and in need of, certain things: yoga, restorative yoga, daily walks, quiet time in the morning, journaling, mindfulness, meditation, walking and breathing in the forest, immersing in nature, a clean and organized house, lots of light, plants, beautiful magazines, aversion to large group events and crowds, a need to stay away from harsh movies, stories, images, energy, and the news in general, and I have a high need for solitude. 

I understand now how my soul has guided and helped me in creating rituals for myself that help me to be in the world without feeling chronically sick and overwhelmed. I do, and currently am, however, feeling chronically fatigued and am beginning to understand why: Too many people have been needing me, and I’ve given out too much and have taken on and in too much of their stuff. I have since made it a point to step back from people and places and things that are draining me as that’s what I need right now. (Progress!)

I am in a place in my life now where I have been actively dreaming up and working toward creating a simpler, quieter, more aligned life. And I am more excited than ever for our move out of Tucson to the Rio Rico area. (Yes! We are buying A house!šŸ˜„) 

I am ready for this change of living out of the city on a little over half an acre near the Santa Cruz river, near a swath of gorgeous cottonwood trees, in a beautiful little house we will get to call home. I am excited about creating a quieter, simpler life and for this family project of creating our very own Sanctuary. I see now how my soul has been guiding me the whole time. 

And before any of the folks who regularly attend my 2 classes who are reading this freak it, don’t worry! I will continue to teach my 2 classes on Sunday and Monday. I love YogaOasis so much that I’m willing to drive an hour in to Tucson and then back home. 

So, check out this book! And I’ll see you in class or around town! 

Love and Light,

Marcia






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Away~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Big and Wide Open~