Home

Well, Jason and I made it home. We are happy to be back. It was a full 30 hours of traveling with maybe an hour of sleep. Jason and I arrived tired but survived the trek. It was so great to see Liam at the airport and have him run and jump into my arms. I sure did miss my little guy and discovered that 7 days was too long. Anyway, he gave me and Jason some really great hugs. ;)
Let me backtrack a little before moving forward...
Our last night in Italy was a good one. Jason and I went into central Bologna to explore the area a bit since we had heard this area is quite spectacular. It was spectacular and am glad we went to see it despite being tired.
Bologna is certainly a bustling place and the area we were in was full of grand, old buildings, lots and lots of shops and restaurants. I am sad to say that this was the most romantic part of our trip and the most time Jason and I spent alone the entire time we were in Italy. We walked around the city, had dinner, enjoyed some wine and then hoped back on the bus at 9 p.m. to go back to the hotel. Since we both wanted some dessert, we went to the Pizzeria next the hotel for some gellato and another glass of wine. It was a sweet ending to the evening.
Since my return home,though, I have not yet processed the experience. I will say that it was different than I thought it would be. At the moment, I think I am to tired to know what to think about it all. For now, I will just give myself time to get settled and let my feelings on the experience do the same.
I will be sure to upload the photos and some videos in the next few days for others to view.
Glad to be home,
Marcia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Away~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Big and Wide Open~