Getting Clear, Feeling Connected~

Okay, so it has been a while since my last post. It has been busy with friends coming in from out of town for a visit, a teacher training with Darren and Noah, another friend staying with me and my family during the training, and a surprise visit from my sister who lives in Denver.
Even this weeks has been full. I taught on Sunday following the teacher training and it felt great. My Sunday group has really grown in size but also keeps growing together. It is a special class all because of the people. Anyway, I shared with them my experience and the realization I had at the end of the TT, which was my theme for the day.
Let me share...
During the training, I learned that I knew a lot but that there is still so much to learn. I got some great guidance from Noah during our group teaching sessions about just remembering to pause, breathe, and see if the directions are being received by the students. Also, just remembering to walk around in order to observe the room, the group from all angles, front, to back, side to side, close up and at a distance. It was really great to learn from both Darren and Noah. It was my first time studying with Noah. I really appreciated his direction and suggestions and he helped clarify a lot of things for me with regard to teaching. I love that he so easily makes the teaching make sense. This is what I love about my teacher Christy too. As for Darren, I love Darren's authentic, down to earth way of teaching and relating, and I appreciate that he so freely and easily shares the mistakes he's made with us, the group. In short, the whole TT was a great experience. The best part of it all was getting the opportunity to work and connect with a lot of the Yoga Oasis teachers. It was like we had a chance to get to know each other and to support each other in this time of growth.
At the beginning, Darren and Noah asked each of us to share what we hoped to get out the training. I said something along the lines of wanting to improve my understanding and better my teaching in all areas. I was open. I still am. At the close of the training as we were sitting in the circle holding hands, I felt the affect of the last three days and of the last two years. At the close, we were asked what we actually gained from the training. We went around the circle and all was good. Then, it was my turn to share. I shared that I felt the training made teaching in the Anusara way clearer and really just solidified things for me. That wasn't all, though. I continued and shared how cool I thought it was to be able to work with and connect with the other teachers at YO in this way. All of the sudden, I was overwhelmed with emotion. I realized that instead of feeling like I was on the outside looking in, I was in. That moment of understanding was really powerful for me.
My theme for Sunday morning was about how important the Kula is and how everybody wants to feel like part of something. Feeling like part of a community offers the support we need to open ourselves up to each other. In that place where we feel supported and connected, we are then free to be ourselves. We are embraced and appreciated. We are able to see and share the beauty of who we are with each other and the world. It was a fun class. I was happy to be able to share the experience with my students in some way and to take them on an adventure into King Pigeon backbend land.
My sister took off on Monday. I taught on Tuesday and Wednesday evening. Right after class on Wednesday, I headed over to the Loft theater to catch the documentary, "Enlighten Up". It was a really good documentary. I enjoyed it very much and am glad I decided to go. It was great to see other styles of yoga, different approaches to the practice, and to see how much is out there. Also, it was a treat to hear Mr. Pattabhi Jois, Mr. Iyengar and other great Sages speak about the practice and share the insights they have gained over the years.
What I came away with is how important it is to make yoga and the practice relevant to your own life. Also, life is about what brings you joy and about staying true to who you are and what you love. You can find the deeper meaning and union (yoga) in anything from riding your bike, rock climbing, rafting, surfing, or taking a quiet walk in the woods. It's all about feeling connected and about feeling good. How we experience this for ourselves is really up to each of us to figure out. There are many routes to the same place, and we have our whole life to explore and experience them all.
Enjoy the Journey,
Marcia

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this Marcia! As I plan to leave one kula for another within a couple of weeks, I too am blown away by the supportive nature of our chosen yoga communities. The Anusara kula is so expansive, that I continuosly remind myself that yes, once we're in, it's inclusive wherever we go. Thank you for this reminder, much love~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia:

    I feel so incredibley blessed to have found you as a teacher. You are so powerful in your actions as a teacher and your words as a human being. I feel just as blessed to have found yoga, especially Anusara yoga at this point in my life! Thank you for enriching my experience! with love, Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Awake and Dreaming

From Wow to Ow