Coffee Meditation



Coffee Meditation~


Sitting and breathing
and sipping my coffee on the couch
with my eyes closed 
and my ears open.

I listen to the birds 
chirping and cooing outside
as the light of the day rises.

I listen
and breathe in all the sounds 
and the moment as it is.

I hear the dog whining at the back door.
Her nails clicking 
on the hard tile floor
as she paces back and forth
waiting for me to open the door.

I sit with my racing mind-
frantically trying to figure out 
why last night went awry.

I feel the worry wobble around in my head
and feel a tinge of sadness 
as I realize and admit 
that my frustration and tired
got the best of me.

A million apologies fill my head
as I sit and sip my coffee
and I slow my breathing down.

My mind is racing and compiling 
list after list 
of all the things 
I need to do today
to prepare for our trip ahead. 

But I just sit
I sip 
and I breathe.

I just sit back
and let my mind go.
My thoughts are unruly and wild-
like a kite being tossed around in the wind
trying to find
a current of air to float on.

And then I feel 
the gentleness of my anchored self
reminding me to relax,
to sit and breathe
and remember
that everything's alright.

I will get it all done. 
Last night was last night, 
and a new day has begun.

I bring myself back 
to the cup in my hand.

I sit.
I sip.
 I breathe. 

And it goes on this way
until my cup 
is empty. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Clear, Feeling Connected~

Awake and Dreaming

From Wow to Ow