To love life is a choice and an adventure. Some days are easier to love than others and the same is true with moments and stretches of time.  But then I think to myself, nothing in life is perfect or flawless, not even in nature. And the imperfection of things, the rough rocky ground or the winding road are what make this life, this world so fascinating and interesting.

I realized recently, as I caught myself trying to hard to understand the rough moments, that I have been caught up in this story of trouble and struggle for far too long.  I realized that the story I have been telling and sharing is true and honest, but I am tired of this tale of difficulty and lack and frustration.

I wan to write a new story.  I want to live into better moments even with all the imperfections and ups and downs.  I recently came across this quote: "Don't wait for things to get simpler, better, or easier. Life will always be complicated. Learn to be happy right now. Otherwise, you'll run out of time."

I don't know who said that but agree with those words.  Now, this does not men that life will always be hard but rather that life is full of everything from the joyful and unexpected, to the mundane and surprising.  It's all a matter of perspective.

And so I've been really working on trying to shift my perspective from the problems to the gifts, to the good stuff.  It's a moment to moment practice right now but hope that gets easier with time and diligence.

So each day I have been focusing on finding what is good in my day and in the moment.  I have been focusing less on the negative behavior and  issues that I see arise in my kids or in my husband or myself, and it helps.  When I take the time to look around and set my attention on the good I see how blessed we are even as we struggle in other areas of our lives. I am finally shifting into a place of acceptance with homeschooling and just trying to get our kids to work a little more each week. And the rest is just about reminding myself to relax.

The kids are making some connections and friends within the homeschool community as these kids see each other at least two times a week and that has made a huge difference in our weekly happenings and experiences.  I too am making connections with other mothers and this also makes me happy. So little by little we are changing our story.  And I am determined to rewrite it completely.

One of the ways that I am rewriting our story is by changing my own.  I am again beginning to ask myself what I love, how I feel, and allowing myself more time to love what I love like: meandering through beautiful gardens, walking out in the sun, learning to make new things with my hands, writing and reading things that inspire or enliven me.  Because let's face it, we all need more beauty and magic in our lives otherwise we will drown in tragedies.

In a lot of ways, I feel like my job now is finding as much of that magic in myself and in the world as I can and sharing with others. And my other jobs include, but are not limited to: offering others a sacred place to practice yoga in, upholding peace within and for myself, my family and others, being as kind and forgiving as I can with myself, my family and the world at large.

So each day, I get to write a new day and learn to love even better.  I aim to begin it with movement of some kind, or a peaceful, quiet moment, or a pause to be grateful, or some good food.  I know some days I will fall out of bed the wrong way and some days will not go as planned, but if I continue to employ the good habits I have learned along the way and continue to practice embracing life as it is, I'll find the right side again.  

Stay Nimble,
Be Love,
Marcia




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Clear, Feeling Connected~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Awake and Dreaming