Life Currently~



Today marks 10 days that we have been back in Tucson, but it feels like the entire move from Flagstaff to Tucson took months. So we have been in that strange in-between place for a while now. That said, it does feel good to have finally landed. We are still unpacking and setting up house here so the settling in has been slow.

Moving is always so much more work than I anticipate or remember! It's probably a good thing that I forget, or I would never move. I kind of feel like we have hit that place of never wanting to move again. But, of course, never is a long time.

I do really like our new house and the area that it is in. It feels spacious and is tucked away in mid town. We have open desert across the street, a great little park for the kids, the Rillito walking path out our door, and we are close to all the things and places we like to go to. It's not Shultz Pass area awesome but pretty great for here.

We are certainly missing things about Flagstaff. We miss our friends, Cooper Drive and the Cheshire neighborhood but knew we would because that neighborhood is a gem.  And even as the kids are missing their friends, they are doing great.  Liam loves Tucson and feels that he is home. That in and of itself, is worth the effort that moving and big change requires.

Now, we are just trying to make our new house a home and working toward establishing a new normal. I'm in the process of finding a new family therapist and in search of a new Occupational Therapist. I've got some leads but nothing is set yet.  All these things take time to come together.

This is what I remind myself of when I feel the doubt of whether or not we've made the right decision start to creep in, which seems to be my go-to worry place when things are out of sorts. I have to remind myself to breathe, take it one day at a time, and give things time to settle. I do feel I'm doing better at letting the worry and doubt go.  Or at least I am learning how to step back from those thoughts as they arise. "Give things time and space" is my mantra for now.

Once we get our house together, I know that we will all feel better and that our new rhythm and life will emerge. I think getting back to teaching will help too, as it will help us to establish some kind of routine.  I begin teaching again at YogaOasis today so a new schedule and routine is beginning today.  I'll only be teaching twice a week for a little bit and then will add a couple more classes as things settle.

For now, it's all about taking things slowly, practicing patience, and, as always, it's about maintaining my faith in the natural unfolding of life.  This sounds easy but it truly is a daily, or moment-to-moment, practice for me.

So that's life in a nutshell. It's all about adjusting and unpacking and being patient with the natural unfolding of our new life.

Blessings,
Marcia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

A Long Time Away~

Big and Wide Open~