6 Years and 7 Months~

A lot can happen in a month, and a lot has happened.  The move over the last month has been intense to say the least. And, as I sit in our new house in Flagstaff,  I feel rather out of sorts.  I would even go so far as to say I feel a bit stunned and am in a state of disbelief.  I keep asking myself, "did that just happen?"

Yesterday, I felt immense sadness as I said goodbye-for-now to my Mom and Dad.  I will miss being so near to my Mom and Dad.  We have spent the last 6 years seeing each other every week and often times more than once.  I probably saw my mom every other day the whole time.  Yup,  I love my mom and am very close with her and miss her a whole lot right now. I miss them both a lot right now.  I know, with time, I will adjust.  We all will adjust.  The good news is that right now both kids seem to be doing pretty well.  For that,  I am grateful.  Jason is pressing on and is fine per usual.  It takes me a little more time to absorb my experiences and then am ready to move on.

 What I can tell you is that the last three weeks have been totally overwhelming and have to say the move was so much harder than I thought it would be.  I swear that seems to be true about so many things in my life.  I never know what I am truly in for, and that is probably a good thing because I would not do these things otherwise.

At this point, we still have a lot of unpacking and setting up to do.  I have to remind myself that it doesn't have to be done in a day or a week or a month.  I just have to do a little something everyday.  And, little by little, this house will start to feel like a home.

Right now,  I think I'm just trying to process everything that has just happened.  It's as if it's a time of understanding what the last 6 years and 7 months have meant and been about for me, for us.  Funny how things always come clear at the end.  The whole time leading up to that there are questions, but not a lot of answers. For a long time, I felt like I did not know why life had led us to Tucson.


What I  know now is that a big part of our time in Tucson was about family and having our kids form a close bond with their grandparents. What I know now is that  my time at YO and in Tucson offered me so much room to learn and grow and find my own way. And I did not have that at the start.  All I knew when I first arrived in Tucson in 2007 and started subbing, and eventually teaching, at YO was that what I offered was different.  I didn't really know my way yet.  Over time, I found my way through mistakes, stumbles, missteps, and having the courage to show up every week with my best.  Also, I would say that having Faith in my ability to figure things out helped a lot with my growth process.  Maybe that's it...

Maybe the biggest blessing and lesson has to do with all the moments of uncertainty and doubt and momentary freak outs.  Maybe this whole time has been about me learning to love myself through the mess ups and imperfections, and showing up anyway with a sincere desire to learn and be of service.  And maybe the art of teaching has more to do with living what you teach instead of being a perfect teacher. Maybe it's about loving my best and letting go of the rest because let's face it, every day or every class can't be Great. Mistakes will be made. This is life. And I am grateful for so much.

I cannot thank Rachel, Bronwin, Darren, and all my students over the years enough for all they have done and continue to do.  As my final two weeks were coming to a close at YogaOasis,  I was showered with great love and blessings. It was a super emotional time. I think it was emotional because I was so aware of all the good around me.  I was conscious of my blessings so to speak. And feeling such gratitude is a gift.  I sure wish I could bring it all with me, the people and parts of the place that I came to love. But alas, this is not possible. What I can do, however, is cherish my experiences and time there in Tucson, and take all that I've learned with me.  I can keep the lessons and the love and the people close to my heart.

So that is what I will do, be thankful for it all and remember that blessings are always hidden in the middle.

With Love and a Heart full of Thanks,
M



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Away~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Big and Wide Open~