Moments~

Moments...

The past few weeks have been full of memorable moments, beginnings and endings, intensity and tranquility, and a coming back together of sorts.

On Tuesday, May 21, Liam graduated from Kindergarten and was promoted to first grade.  He shared with me a couple of times over the last week of school how excited he was about graduating and becoming a first grader.  It made me smile with a simple joy at his growth and ease in moving on, and moving forward.  All the K kids wore a paper cap with tassel, received a diploma of sorts, walked across the stage, took a bow, shook hands and went back to stand on the risers.  Liam looked like he'd done his walk across the stage and bow before. What a bow he made.  What a pro!   It was a proud moment for sure full of songs and giggles, family and cake.

Liam and Dustin~ So cute!


That same week, May 23rd to be exact, Jason and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary.  Of course,  I took time to look over our wedding photos and felt a massive swell of gratitude and love wash over me.  I am not sure what happened or how it happened but there was a shift within me that occurred.  It's almost as if I got a clearer understanding of the depth of our commitment to each other.  The vows and that moment of connection on that grassy spot overlooking the sea seem to be alive and well.  Even on the worse days,  I know neither Jason nor I will tuck tail and run.  We may wander to opposite ends of the house for a bit, but we always come back ready to make things better and do better with what we know or have learned.  We are fortunate to have persevering spirits and a desire to really Love well and Live well.

It's Official!  This is one of my favorite photos.

Liam went off on an adventure with his J-jah and Papa (my mom and dad) on Saturday morning.  Then went to Ventura to cheer Jenna, my sister, on in her 6th marathon in 6 months!  Amazing, right??!!  They then took the adventure down South to San Diego for a visit at Scripps Institute and Sea World.  I don't think his gonna want to come back.  He has had a great time and am sure this will be one of his most fond memories as he grows.  How fortunate he is, we are, to have both sets of grandparents close by and in love with their grandkids.  Liam will head out on another adventure to Telluride with his other set of grandparents and his cousins in mid June.  So I think this trip to Cali was good practice, and I think both trips will be empowering experiences.  Of course, I miss Liam and am thrilled he will be home tonight!



While Liam has been away, we have had a great time with just Lila.  We went for a hike on Mt. Lemmon on Sunday and it was beautiful.  Hiking among the trees and hanging out in cooler temperatures was a treat.  I forget how much I love trees and green things until I am in the thick of it, among the unfurling, bright green ferns and sweet smelling ponderosa pines.  I find the desert hard, though, admittedly it does have it's own beauty and charm.  For me, however, the woods and water win.

The rest of these last few days have been filled with making our house feel more like a home with cleaning and organizing and finding new homes for pictures, and just changing things up.  It feels good to get a few things done.  It feels like it's been a while since we've had the energy and time at home together to do such things.

Often times, it is the little things, the simple things that bring me the most contented kind of joy.  Subtle, steady joy is a good thing.  Even though I have been inside a lot the last two days because Lila has been sick, it's been quite peaceful.  I best enjoy the quiet now because the volume will soon be turned back up.

I guess that's about it for now.  I have a lot more on my mind but will save that for another day.

Enjoy your day in whatever way it shows up and flows~

M



Liam on his way home.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Away~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Big and Wide Open~