Ripe

I can't believe it's been nearly a month since my last post.  Where does the time go?  Each day comes and goes so quickly lately.  You'd think at this point it would seem to me to be dragging but it isn't.

I am a Ripe 36 weeks and 5 days.  I am nearing the end of this miraculous experience and just hoping I will somehow remember what it feels like when this little babe is swimming around on the inside and stretching here little limbs as much as she can in her ever-shrinking home.  My favorite part is feeling her move and feeling her energy with my hands through my belly.

People ask me if I am ready for her to come, if I am ready to be done with being pregnant.  I don't feel that way at all.  Yes, I am excited to meet my daughter and set my eyes upon here beautiful physical form, but I am in no hurry.  I know this will be the last time I will be pregnant, so it is important for me to savor this very special time in my life.  It is important for me to love and embrace the fullness of my form and love my very ripe belly for it will never be this full of life again.  Soon, this time will be over and it will be a year later and I will be asking myself where the time went and how did my daughter grow so fast.  It's a good lesson in taking life day by day instead rushing ahead to the main event.  Isn't life full enough of rushing ahead?

I will share that showing up to teach is more challenging as of late as my energy level has changed.  Of course,  my classes always go well and both the students and myself leave feeling happy and bright, which is perfect.  I am showing up and doing the best I can without putting undue pressure on myself to have all the elements spot on.  I just show up, offer up what I've got and it unfolds as it should.  If I start to feel overwhelmingly tired, then I will start my break a earlier so that I have a little time before this baby girl makes her debut.

Today, I felt a noticeable shift in my body.  I had some cramping front to back, off and on all day and can feel my baby's head is low in my pelvis.  I certainly feel heaviness and achiness in the groin and pelvic area, so I am thinking that this baby will be here very soon.

Mostly each day has been about getting things in order in our house to welcome our newest member while continuing to do what needs to be done.  I work in spurts.  One day,  I have energy to get things done and the next I need to rest. I only have a little left to do,  but  I know I need to rest too.

Speaking of rest, it's late.  I need to sleep.  Good night.

Sweet Dreams,
Marcia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

A Long Time Away~

Awake and Dreaming