2011~

Happy New Year!  We are officially at the start of a new year, a new beginning.  All over facebook there are posts bubbling with excitement at what the new year holds.  It seems many have a feeling of elation and determination at the start of the year, which is great and am sure some momentum helps.  I wish I could say that I felt such elation but I don't. This is not to say that I am not ready to welcome something new and different because I am.

However, I find that I am not overly excited about the new year.  As a matter of fact,  I don't feel any extreme swing in my emotions at all. Maybe that is a good thing as with high highs come low lows. Still I find myself wondering when and if such joy at the start will hit me at some later point.  Maybe I am just at place in life where I am taking it one day at a time and the amount of hope in my heart and my knowledge of my life as being full of possibility stays steady.

I have many friends in the yoga community who I see on this path, many of them new to yoga and a fair amount more versed,  with lots of momentum and joy built up over the past year.  2011 holds great possibility as well it should after so much effort was put in over the past year. I get that many have just been pulled onto the path and this new land is fresh and exciting and there is much to feel inspired and motivated by, yet here I am having the opposite experience. It's hard not to feel like I am missing out in some way as I feel the buzz of excitement all around me.  It's quite an interesting thing to be taking a step back in some ways and being at peace with it.  So here I am in this funny place of wanting to continue my growth and learning on this path while knowing that I can really only give so much to this endeavor at this time.  My energy and attention is needed elsewhere.  As things progress in on one area, things must slow in another.  That is just the natural way of things.

As you might imagine, I am in a very contemplative place at this time and this is certainly due to the fact that my life and body are in a state of flux.  It's odd that being pregnant this time feels so new and different.  It's a fascinating place to be in because this particular process of change and growth on physical level comes with some serious shifting on the inside.

It's funny that I am still surprised at the fact that I am pregnant and already this far along. I suppose that's because it was hard to get here and it took a while.  It feels a bit surreal, like I've leaped into another lifetime.  

I feel fortunate for all that I have learned from my practice with regard to learning to really be in the flow of life and learning how to embrace where my life is leading me even if that means I am traveling a different direction and have less company at the moment.  I realize I am lucky to have this perspective of practice and teaching while pregnant, for there is a lot to learn in the process of change.  Since I am in a place of great change,  I am sure to learn great things.  


Here's to the beauty and mystery of life.  

Blessings to each of you for a Joyful and Enlightening Year. May this year be full of all the things that make your heart truly happy.


Marcia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Clear, Feeling Connected~

Awake and Dreaming

From Wow to Ow