Two Weeks Later...

It's been two weeks since my last post.  All is well here in the desert.  The temperature is slowly dropping and the air is cooler in the morning, which is a relief. We haven't had much rain out at our house and wish more rain would come. Hopefully Mother Nature will send more of the wet stuff our way.  


 Life is back to normal.  It seems we are in a rhythm with work and all.  Liam is doing great.  His 4th birthday is less than a month away!  This year is flying by and can hardly seem to keep up. The busyness will continue this month too with cycling camp season in full swing for Jason.  He had a camp this past week and weekend and leaves for Montreal for most of this week.  Then begins the nearly- every-Sunday-morning sessions with the UMC group to help prepare folks for El Tour.  Of course,  this means things will be busy for me as well as I will have to spend more time home.  I will just have to be creative with my time and take time away when I can.  


My classes are doing well and have picked up.  Teaching in general is going well,  and I feel that a step up or forward has been made.  It's like a shift has happened all by itself.  I love it when diligence pays off, but, then again, it always does.  


A week or so ago I shared this great little story about a Hopi man's description of his inner struggles in a couple of my classes that I would like to share here too. I got this little story out of one of my favorite books "Meditations from the Mat" by Rolf Gates and Katrina Kennison.  


Here's the story:

"There are two dogs that live inside meOne of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time."  Someone asked, "which dog usually wins?"  Upon a moment of quite reflection, the Hopi man replied, "the one I feed the most."


Every time I read this story I am moved.  It's like a volt of electricity, like a shock of the truth, runs through me and all the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up.


This story is a great reminder to be aware of how we love and care for ourselves. It's good to take a step back and look at the fight from the outside and observe which dog you're feeding? What are you encouraging on the inside? In what way are you learning to love you and the good dog more by letting the bad dog win.  Sometimes experiencing the negative helps us to understand and appreciate the positive, so it's all part of the learning experience. 


It seems I am in that place of learning to love and embrace every aspect of myself as I am and not as I think I should be.  It's amazing how that sort of thing can change things for the better in your life.  Besides,  I've been feeding the mean dog for far too long.  I think it's the good dog's turn win.


So...


Think kind.
Speak kind.
Be kind.


Love,
Marcia





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

A Long Time Away~

Awake and Dreaming