Finding Joy in the Everyday Things~


"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day." ~Author Unknown
It feels like it's been a while since my last post so this will be more about getting back in touch and sharing what I've been up to for the last couple of weeks, which isn't all that much. Lately, life has been full of the everyday stuff like: catching up on laundry, cleaning the house, getting back into our regular routine at work and home, and tending to all the other things that need tending to. So really the last couple of weeks have been about readjusting and realigning on all levels. My husband refers to this idea as getting back to ground zero.


Traveling abroad was both strange and wonderful. To me it felt sort of like I flew through some portal and ended up in some strange new land. Really, the return home sapped me energetically, so I felt pretty wiped out and a bit out of sorts by the time we made it back. The week following our return was busy so time to rest and get settled took more than I thought it would.


All in all, it still feels good to be home with my little monkey, Liam, and back in a familiar environment. My classes are going well, and I am feeling more rested. Unfortunately, though, I got pinkeye this last week which was a total surprise and something entirely new to me. I knew something was wrong with my eyes right away so went to have them checked. Thanks to my rapid response to my body's request for some love and rest along with some eye drops and tea the pink, gooey mess has nearly cleared up. ;)


Over the weekend, I had planned to attend Bruce's Therapeutics Alignment training but didn't end up going. I simply didn't feel right showing up while contagious and then showing up for only the last session. I was bummed to miss this training but know there will be other opportunities in the near future. I suppose a tired body has to make it's point somehow and pinkeye certainly got my attention.


Since the heat has kicked in, Liam, Jason and I have been spending time playing in my parent's pool. Playing in the water does make a hot day more bearable. It looks like Liam and I will again make our way up the hill to spend the day at my parent's house because our cooler stopped working last night and is need of some repair. Jason hopes to get the cooler up and running by this evening.


I guess that about sums things up. Right now, it's all about finding joy in the little things everyday, staying cool, and embracing each day fully.


Joy,
Marcia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Away~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Awake and Dreaming