Italy

Well, we made it to Italy. It was a wicked day of travel with an hour and half drive to the airport, 9.5 hours on the plane, another 3 hours in the car, and 2 more hours on the plane before reaching Bologna to spend the night at the Sheraton hotel. Jason and I finally made it to Riccione the following day at around 2 in the afternoon. It was a full 24 hours of travel. As you can imagine, we are happy to be enjoying the beach town of Riccione. It was great to finally get to the hotel by the beach to relax. I still don't know what day and time it is. I haven't been able to use my cell phone and that has been interesting. It all feels so surreal. There is always plenty to eat and lots of wine to drink. Really, I don't know how the Italians do this sort of food and drink thing all the time. I suppose they are used to it all. Don't misunderstand, we are enjoying ourselves but keeping the eating and drinking thing in check. Today, I spent the day out exploring the town we are in and walked for 3 hours and practiced yoga for 45 minutes. My back is actually feeling a lot better and the practice today was gentle and exactly what I needed. I am so grateful the back pain is gone. I have talked to Liam, Mom and Dad on Skype and that is so awesome. Liam really likes seeing himself on the computer screen. It was pretty cute to see him making faces and great to see his beautiful little face. I sure do miss him but know this trip will be over before we know it so am just reminding myself to eat slowly, explore and enjoy the place I am in, and sleep as late as I can. I don't have anything else to share as of yet. Jason, Collin and his wife, Elann,and I will venture out into the countryside to some castles in the days to follow. On Sunday, Jason does the Nove Colli ride and am sure that will be a long day for him especially since he will have to be up at 3 in the morning. I will take pictures and try to capture some of what I am seeing and experiencing so that I can share this place in some way. I must say the people here are wonderful. Everyone is so warm and welcoming and kind. My Italian is terrible, but I am learning fast. It is great fun to travel, and I think I had forgotten that. I really want to share this sort of thing with Liam too, though. I want him to have a wider view of the world. It is good to step outside of what I know so that I too can expand my thinking and my world beyond the boundries of what I know. I am sure by the time we have to leave I will finally have wrapped my head around the fact that I am here in Italy.
For now, it still feels like a dream. Off I go to enjoy the rolling waves and sparkling sun. Ciao, Marcia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

A Long Time Away~

Big and Wide Open~