I Write~

I Write~


I write my heart out
to know,
to clear the clutter,
to be bare 
and honest
and real about the way I feel.

I write my heart out 
so that I can find my way forward
and through.

I don't care anymore
 if it is proper 
or clear
to anyone but me.

I don't write for another person's approval
or fancy.
I write for my own delight.

I write to free myself 
from fear
or judgement
or feeling confined and confused.

I write to think.

And even as my hand drags this pen across the page,
I write for stillness,
to make space on the inside
to dream,
to understand,
to realign my insides.

And in the movement,
there is a space of quiet,
a moment to slow things down.
 A moment to slow the ticking of the clock down,
to hold this time and this place
for a moment longer. 

I write my heart out because it works.
And I am never more honest than when I come to the page.

And though I mostly work with black ink
and a white page,
there is color and texture,
light and shadow
richness and radical edges
that brings this art together,
and sews me back together.
Untangled.
Untethered.
Free.

And, truly, this is all that I am after:
freedom
ease
peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Clear, Feeling Connected~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Awake and Dreaming