Let Life be a Deep Let Go~



“Don’t try to force anything. Let life be a deep let-go."
“…That which is going to happen will happen. Whenever it is going to happen it will happen; you need not fight existence. You can surrender, you can trust.”

~Osho
I shared this quote in class today.  So this post is per student requests.  I see my practice as the opportunity to learn the art of letting go and falling into my life.  Instead of always trying to change the way things are in my life to change things to my liking and/or expectations takes a lot of practice and remembrance on my part.  I tend to want to push things along especially if I am ready for change.  I am learning.  

Anyway,  this mornings class had a steady flowing pace with longer holds in certain poses.  It was a potpourri sequence with legs up the wall for 10 minutes and a 10 minute savasana (final resting pose). Yes, you read that right. The last 20 was devoted to rest a deep let go.  I'll share what I remember of the sequence at the end of this post and you can play on your own.  ; ) 

At the end of class,  I shared the poem I wrote and included in the last blog post at the end of class.  So for those of you who asked about the final poem I read at the end of our session, here it is:

Practice~

I get on my mat 
to remember 
all the things
I forget

I get on my mat 
to remember
 to breathe
and find
my calm

I get on my mat
to let go of
tension
pain
sadness
anger
and anything 
that holds me back
or weighs me down

I get on my mat and move
to feel lighter
to feel joy
to feel loved 
to feel connected 
and nurtured 
in every way possible

I get on my mat 
to free my mind
and let go of 
the thoughts 
that don't serve me

I get on my mat 
and practice simply meeting myself
 wherever I'm at

I get on my mat 
to right wrongs
 to solve problems
 to find solutions
  and to make myself
whole again.


And
it never fails me

Sequnce:

Child's pose
Side-to-side child's pose (stretch outer shoulder and side of body)
Child's pose calf stretch (one leg outstretched, ball of the foot on floor, reach through heel)

D.Dog
High lunge
Lunging Dog
D.Dog
Low lunge
Twisting lunge

Surya A (Sun Salutation A) w/ Warrior I ( heel up) 2x
Surya A w/ Warrior I (heel down) to Warrior II

Tadasana
Tadasana bend right leg and hold knee w/rt. hand
*then hold right knee with left hand twist open to right (repeat other side)

Standing Quad stretch (Eka pada Bhekasana)
Baby Dancer

D.Dog to Pigeon

Tadasana (Mountain  Pose)

Standing Poses:
Extended Side Angle Pose
Extended Triangle Pose

Tadasana
Uttanasana(forward fold)
Table top
Cat variation (opposite arm and leg extended)
to Cat curl-in (elbow and knee touch and extend back out)
Navasana (Boat pose)
Reverse table top
Bound Angle pose
Seated forward fold 
herons pose variation (left leg folded, right leg lifted and extended, then take...
left hand to outer right foot and twist)
seated forward fold

Viparita Karani (legs up the wall for 10 min)
Savasana for 10 min

Enjoy!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Away~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Big and Wide Open~