Fall and the Big, Bad Wolf~



It's been well over a month since my last post.  I am not sure what I've been doing but know that I've been keeping busy.  Life with kids is like that.  Some days are a blur and then a day turns into a week and a week into a month before I know it.

 So where shall I begin? I know, my upcoming trip...

I am going out of town for a short bit to the East coast and cannot wait.  I am in need of a break from T-town, Tucson, and really want to see some fall colors.  I feel like I have not seen the fall season in years so am really looking forward to seeing colored leaves on the trees, feeling cool air across my skin, and hearing the sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet.  Truth be told,  I have been feeling a bit run down and am in need of some rejuvenation and a jolt of joy.  Sometimes,  a change of scenery and a little travel helps with that.  I am hoping my trip will do just that, give me lift and jolt.

I don't know if it just me or if most people in general are experiencing a fair amount of challenge and change these days.  I certainly get the sense that people attending my classes these days are stressed out and that people in general are stressed out.  Often times, students come in tired and in need of a lift so that is nothing new. So I do my best to shift and lift the energy and am successful most of the time.  Lately, however,  classes have been smaller and the energy in the room heavier.  I am not sure why that is but I notice it.  You would think that a smaller class requires less energy and work to get people up and going and feeling better, but this is not the case.  In fact,  I find the opposite to be true.  I find I give out more and feel more tired when I teach a smaller group than when I have a big class because it seems that people's energy is so heavy lately.  I don't know if this is the case in classes across the board  at YO or if I am just experiencing this in my own classes.

In the past,  I would worry if the numbers dropped and think that it was due to something I was doing or failing to do in my teaching.  I do not believe this to be true this time around.  I see this as progress on my path and within myself, so that is the good news.  For a change,  I am not taking the changes on as negative and am finding I am able to keep the doubt from creeping in.  This is big for me.  Don't get me wrong,  I am aware that doubt is knocking at the door,  but I am refusing to let it in.  I am refusing to answer the door.  It makes me think of the three little pigs and the Big, bad wolf pounding at the door, demanding to be let in to eat up the sweet pig(s). The wolf is the demanding doubt, and the pig,  the sweetest, purest part of me of course.  The wild wolf, the doubt, wants to come in and eat me up and would if I let it, so I won't open the door, nope, not by the hair of my chinny, chin, chin! The more sturdy and steady I stay within my heart, the safer I am in my home.  This is good stuff I am learning here.  You gotta love that!

Anyway,  here it is, mid October, and nearly time for carving pumpkins and dressing up.  It's hard to believe that we are in the last quarter of the year and that the holidays are just around the corner.  I am sure as soon as Halloween is over, the rest of the year will blur by.

I suppose it's time to quiet down, turn in, tune in, and begin the process of reviewing and taking in this year as we prepare to begin a new one.  In the meantime,  I will enjoy the intimate company in my classes,  the Halloween fun with my family, and prepare for good company and good times with loved ones as Thanksgiving and Christmas approach.  And, of course,  I will be sure to share any radical insights I have over the coming days and weeks.

In the meantime,  may we enjoy the change of pace that comes with the change of season however subtle or intense it may be.

 Love and Light,
Marcia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Clear, Feeling Connected~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Awake and Dreaming