Big Breath and Audible Sigh

I'm sitting in a coffee shop in Colorado Springs trying to wrap my head around all that has transpired in the last few days, weeks, months.  I arrived late on Sunday, January 23, just in time to go to court on Monday morning to move forward with the eviction of our current tenant.  My travels to Colorado were smooth, and I made it on time to my court hearing.  Since that point, though,  the rest of my time here has been stressful, draining, and challenging.

I finally got word that a judgement on the possession of our house was passed down, which is a relief.  Jason and I have been granted possession of our townhouse and are just now waiting on a deputy to be assigned to our case. Once the sheriff is assigned to our case, we wait to hear word as to when we will be able to go to the house and help our renter remove the rest of his belongings.  

I met with a property manager this morning who went through the house with me and it was both a sobering and depressing experience.  Our little town home is trashed, and it will take some serious cleaning, repairs and an army of people to get it back in renting condition.  After seeing the state of the house in detail today,  I had a good cry.  I feel angry after seeing our home and am deeply disappointed by this persons lack of care and respect for the house and even for himself.  It really is a sad situation.  

At this point,  I am just ready to move forward and get this mess cleaned up.  I am missing my boys and home in general.  I am grateful that we are getting closer to having this problem resolved and to having some clarity as to my family's next step to improve and change our circumstances.  

Obviously, both my Jason and I have learned a lot from this experience.   I can't help but wonder if this is a lesson for us or for our renter or both.  What does it all mean?!  Is 'Hire a Property Manage' or 'Don't trust people' the take home message?    Seriously, I can't help but wonder what it is that I am to learn from all this.  So far,  I just think the legal system and being a landlady SUCKS.  I suppose that thought doesn't really help me, though.  Right now,  I am a landlady and must do what needs to be done and, in the meantime, hope and pray and do whatever the hell I can to insure this does not happen again.  

So... Onward and Upward... Making things happen for the better one step at a time.  

Big Breath and Audible Sigh,

Marcia

Comments

  1. Whoops, posted that in the wrong place: Marcia, I am so very sorry to hear about your house. If you need any help while you are there, please let me know. I'm in Boulder and not working and can be there if you need someone. Also, I have a kick-ass sweet cousin who is there at Colorado College. Hugs, love and light to you, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Clear, Feeling Connected~

Awake and Dreaming

From Wow to Ow