Luminous Lotus~ This blog is a way for me to share my experiences and musings on life, motherhood and yoga and all that I am learning along the way with others.
* Artist~ Kelly Rae Roberts* "Our truest life is when we are in our dreams Awake." (~Thoreau) Happy New Year! We are four days into a new year, a new decade. I feel I am at the beginning again as it seems I've been away for a while. The first few days I felt a bit off, a little flat. Must have been the full moon or the underlying expectation of the first day of the new year needing to feel different somehow. I am currently rolling with the days and am experiencing more connection. I definitely notice my mood drops and the emotional waves rise up when I don't take enough time for myself to be alone. Writing in a journal always helps me make that deep connection I crave as does sitting in silence. I am making time to attend more classes, which certainly aids in uplifting and aligning my soul. Things are good. Jason and I took some time to do this writing exercise I got from a book I received for Christmas titled, "Life Lessons~ Mastering the Law of Attr...
“It’s not the load that breaks you down; it’s the way you carry it.” -Lena Horne We often think that admitting struggle is a sign of weakness, but we all struggle sometimes. We all get overwhelmed sometimes. We all need help sometimes. Acknowledging this is not a sign of weakness, but struggling alone is a choice to grow weak. Dear Friends, This will be a very different entry than what I usually write. This entry is really a request for help, ideas, suggestions, empathy, a show of love by offering anything useful to help me help my son with his separation anxiety. Let me share with you my situation... My son is 5 and has been going to preschool 4 days a week for 3 1/2 hours. The school he goes to is really a wonderful place. It is whimsical and small and community oriented. His teacher is the best. She is kind, compassionate, loving, and she loves what she does. I love her. He only has 9 kids in his class and there are at least 2 or 3 ad...
This will be a short entry as I am tried and need to rest up for day 2 of phase II of the immersion. At the moment I am feeling pretty worked on all levels. Today was harder than I thought it would be but in a really good way. I knew that showing up would be the hardest part of this experience because there is this part of me that does not want to be seen at this time. The opportunity to attend this immersion arose and I said, "Yes." And of course, I am grateful beyond words for the chance to be part of this experience. However, I find there is a part of me that feels undeserving of such love and acceptance and support. Why? I suppose I have a pretty independent streak and so accepting, much less, asking for help is a challenge of it's own making. And, yes, a mala is present and revealed. Damn it! Really, I am in this place within myself where I don't know what to make of how I feel. My body feels strange and different. My head says lets move on but my hea...
Comments
Post a Comment