"Wisdom tells me I am nothing. Love tells me I am everything. Between the two my life flows."
(Nisargadatta Marahaji)

February 1, 2017

A whole new year has begun since the last time I sat down to write. And since my last post, a lot has happened in my personal life and in the world around me. The end of 2016 went out hard and the new year began in much the same way with me getting a strange virus and getting really sick.

My family and I went camping on a small organic farm outside of Tombstone in the hopes of ending out the year in a quiet, peaceful way. Of course, life had other plans. We had a good time on our trip, minus the fact that I was exhausted and did not sleep well and then got sick.  Once the virus hit, it hit hard attacking my liver and nervous system and was painful. Thankfully, though, no one else in my family got sick.  It took a good 2 weeks to recover and, really, I still feel a bit turned around and behind from it.  That said, I am feeling pretty good now, and slowly but surely getting back on track.

In other good news regarding family, we have experienced a big turnaround with Liam since he went on the anti-anxiety medication.  What a difference it has made in my son and my family's life to not have so much intensity and difficulty and stress on a daily basis. Liam is much happier, more cooperative, more helpful and easy going, and much more active than he was prior to the medication.

And I am happy to report homeschool is going alright, it's not perfect, but it's getting pretty good. The best part of having both kids home for school is the fact that they have really bonded together.  It's been so great to see them hang out together and buddy up. I was worried they would bug each other and drive me and Jason nuts.  I am happy to say that has not happened, they have their moments or days, but not too often.

In the world, leadership changed hands and that has been an intense and disappointing and pretty much unbelievable shift. What a stark difference from the Obama administration to the debacle that is the T-rump administration. What a joke. The good news is, people are waking up and rising to the occasion to be empowered and to remember that: We be the many and they be the few.

Of course, like so many other people, I was feeling the worry and a deep concern for the way the tide has been changing, feeling the fear rising and feeling overwhelmed.  Now, however, I really just see T-rump as the catalyst for change and the puppet that he is.  Once I realized that, my worries began to shrink, and my faith began to expand.  And the most important realization I have come to in the midst of this very odd time is that it's so important to stay focused on life. To return to my family, my community, to daily life as is.

We all need to stay focused on what's important and anchored and clear headed at this time.  I know for myself that I have to keep to my practices in order to stay sane and calm. I have to keep to the things that help me stay grounded in my body, anchored in the moment so that I can be steady for  myself, my husband and kids, family and community. So I continue to step on my mat and practice, I take daily breath breaks, walk or move my body in some way to move the negative or worrisome energy out, eat well, and, most importantly, limit my intake of news.

I caught myself the other day feeling pulled under by the barrage of negative news in my Facebook news feed, which used to be really positive and uplifting.  These days, however, it's too much.  I did read a great article recently that essentially asked the question: Are you staying informed on current events, or are you getting immersed? And in the article, the author gave great tips for "How to Avoid Being Psychologically Destroyed by Your Newsfeed". It's a great read with great tips.

You can read the full article at this link:
http://www.anndouglas.net/blog/2017/1/30/how-to-avoid-being-psychologically-destroyed-by-your-newsfeed

All we can do is what we can from where we are, right? And if we need to do more to make the world a little better and brighter, we rise to the occasion to do so. In the meantime, keep to your practices, stay connected to the moment, and give thanks for the good that is present. Oh! And change the steady diet of bad news to good news.  There are always good things going on in the world too! I think that is easy to forget as the good news seems to be buried under the mountain of bad news. The difficult and bad, sad and strange events and news have always been there.  It's just that now, they are hitting closer to home in order to wake as many of us up from our slumber as possible. So wipe the sleep out of your eyes, sit up, breath, stretch, and stand up tall and steady on your feet.

And most importantly my friends, stay anchored in your heart and be as kind as possible every chance you get.


With Love and a Hopeful, Optimistic Heart,

Marcia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Away~

A Mother's Plea For Help ~

Big and Wide Open~