Welcoming the Guests~


I am feeling the sadness today as my body continues to cleanse itself. It seems that this baby is not to be at this time. I will give myself and body some time to heal and, in a couple months, we will try again for another baby. Things will happen as they happen when they happen.

I came across this painting titled "A Crowd of Sorrows" by Leah Piken Kolidas and this poem by Rumi, which seems the perfect form of expression I can relate to at this time. The line that stands out for me is: "He may be clearing you out for some new delight."



THE GUEST HOUSE

This being human is a guest house.
 Every morning 
a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary 

awareness comes as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all! 
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows, 
who violently sweep your house empty of its furniture, 
still, treat each guest honorably. 
He may be clearing you out for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice. 
Meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.
Be grateful for whatever comes. 
Because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.

-- Jelaluddin Rumi, translation by Coleman Barks

Comments

  1. I love the poem, Marcia!
    I know that it will be a little while of dealing with the ebb and flow of how you feel about what is going on right now.
    I love you, lady!
    I am thinking of you so much and sending you all the love and light I can!
    Take care of you and be as gentle and kind to yourself as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choice of poem, Marcia. The idea of treating one's sorrow as an honored guest is a wise one. Peace and light to you, Don.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Clear, Feeling Connected~

From Wow to Ow

Awake and Dreaming