Luminous Lotus~ This blog is a way for me to share my experiences and musings on life, motherhood and yoga and all that I am learning along the way with others.
This so cool...
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Okay, so here is a collection of my status posts on facebook over this past year. It flows pretty well and was pretty amazed by what I read. Read and enjoy.
* Artist~ Kelly Rae Roberts* "Our truest life is when we are in our dreams Awake." (~Thoreau) Happy New Year! We are four days into a new year, a new decade. I feel I am at the beginning again as it seems I've been away for a while. The first few days I felt a bit off, a little flat. Must have been the full moon or the underlying expectation of the first day of the new year needing to feel different somehow. I am currently rolling with the days and am experiencing more connection. I definitely notice my mood drops and the emotional waves rise up when I don't take enough time for myself to be alone. Writing in a journal always helps me make that deep connection I crave as does sitting in silence. I am making time to attend more classes, which certainly aids in uplifting and aligning my soul. Things are good. Jason and I took some time to do this writing exercise I got from a book I received for Christmas titled, "Life Lessons~ Mastering the Law of Attr...
“It’s not the load that breaks you down; it’s the way you carry it.” -Lena Horne We often think that admitting struggle is a sign of weakness, but we all struggle sometimes. We all get overwhelmed sometimes. We all need help sometimes. Acknowledging this is not a sign of weakness, but struggling alone is a choice to grow weak. Dear Friends, This will be a very different entry than what I usually write. This entry is really a request for help, ideas, suggestions, empathy, a show of love by offering anything useful to help me help my son with his separation anxiety. Let me share with you my situation... My son is 5 and has been going to preschool 4 days a week for 3 1/2 hours. The school he goes to is really a wonderful place. It is whimsical and small and community oriented. His teacher is the best. She is kind, compassionate, loving, and she loves what she does. I love her. He only has 9 kids in his class and there are at least 2 or 3 ad...
The Essence of Light Sometimes the rubble turns to gold showing you nothing but light The cracking and crumbling of the mold Makes it possible to see what's behind the facade And when everything falls apart We are able to dig deep to see what we need To do what we need to set ourselves free It's a painful process... This process of letting go of what we think we know leaves us open and bare and sore. The rawness of it all is exactly what we need for the growth. We tear away the layers and dig up all the hurt leaving it out in the open for all to see Fresh flesh, like fresh earth We dig in the dirt We get dirty We examine the muck We plant the seeds of hope and wait to see what rises from within We let go of the hurt and in the spaces we've cleared, new things bloom... The seeds planted sprout into understanding Understanding gives way to compassion Compassion roots into the deepest part of the heart And in that place love blooms Your true essence shines through ...
Comments
Post a Comment